Gantt Insurance Agency

1801 E 3rd St
Farmville, VA 23901

Get Directions

Gantt Insurance Agency Blog

Protect More Than Just Your Home With Garage Insurance

If you own a home, you probably have a homeowners’ insurance policy. But what about your business? Owners of garages and repair shops in the Farmville, VA area will want to get in touch with us at the Gantt Agency to discuss their garage insurance options. This coverage is designed to protect them from liability, in the event that something goes wrong at their location. If someone is injured or otherwise harmed there, the right liability protection can make a big difference in how the issue is addressed.

Garage Insurance: What You Need To Know

Because automotive dealerships, garages, and vehicle repair shops are places with significant injury risk, having the right type and level of coverage is extremely important. Most businesses have insurance policies, but what kind of policy will depend on the kind of business and the level of liability risk it has. Your dealership or garage needs to protect the workers and the customers from the harm that could come to them in that environment.

Before you get your business up and running, you’ll want to discuss your insurance needs with knowledgeable professionals. Our trusted agents can help you find the support you’re looking for. Then you can get the right policy, with enough coverage to protect you in the right way. You need a garage insurance policy you can rely on, so you can have peace of mind when working.

Contact Us Today

Reach out to us at the Gantt Agency today, if you’re in the Farmville, VA area and looking for a garage liability policy for your auto repair shop, dealership, or other automotive operation. We’re here to help, and to give you the options you need so you can make an informed decision. With the right help and guidance, you can get good coverage and get on with your business.

What Are The Risks Of Not Having Workers Compensation Insurance?

Although operating a business comes with many expenses, getting workers’ compensation is one expense you should never skip. Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA provides this guide in navigating this important coverage.

What is workers’ compensation insurance?

This commercial coverage protects business owners and their staff from the financial liability that could follow after an employee gets injured on the job or becomes ill because of a work-related issue. This coverage covers the medical bills related to the illness or injury and missed income. At Gantt Agency, we urge business owners to get this coverage because it can indemnify them in a lawsuit if the employee sues. As a business owner in Farmville VA, here are the risks that you are exposed to if you don’t have workers’ compensation insurance.

Contractor Liability

Contractors typically aren’t employees, and this means that they usually assume the liability for injuries they sustain working for you themselves. However, you need to state that you are not responsible for your contractor’s injuries or anyone down the line clearly in the contract that you offer them. The contractor needs to know that they are liable for their injuries. If you fail to do contractual risk transfer, you will be liable for the contractor’s injuries, those of the sub-contractor, and others down the line. This can be financially devastating to your and your business.

Lawsuits, Fines, and Jail Time

If you don’t have worker’s compensation, you can expect your employee to sue you for liability of their medical bills and missed income if they get ill or injured because of working for you. The lawsuit will put a massive burden on you and your business’s operations as you will have to direct some of your income towards paying legal fees. Additionally, the lawsuit can result in massive fines for you and your enterprise, which could cripple its operations. Additionally, you can end up in jail for negligence.

Give Us A Call

Contact Gantt Agency today for the best workers’ compensation insurance deals in Farmville, VA.

Must-Have Commercial Insurance Coverages in Virginia

If you are trying your hands in business, you must be open to the fact that you have to contend with various risks present in the business environment. Your business is never short of risks from liability claims, fires, and theft to natural disasters. While there are several risk mitigation strategies you can devise, don’t forget about commercial insurance from Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA. Business insurance restores your financial position when perils strike.

But since commercial insurance has numerous policies, you may be confused about the ones you should consider for your business.

Here are must-have commercial insurance policies:

Worker’s comp insurance

If you have more than two employees in Virginia, the law requires you to purchase workers’ comp insurance. This coverage pays for hospitalization costs, ongoing care, and partial loss of wages for the injured employee.

General liability coverage

Regardless of the nature of your business, it’s exposed to liability claims like bodily injury, property damage, libel, slander, and other liability claims. Liability coverage covers the legal hassles when accused by third parties.

Property insurance

Business assets like buildings, computers, furniture, and inventories are susceptible to losses and damage. Perils such as smoke, fire, natural disasters, and vandalism may damage your assets, resulting in significant financial losses. Invest in property insurance to compensate when faced with damage or loss of your assets.

Professional liability insurance

If you provide services, you had better invest in this coverage. This policy protects you when sued for negligence, missed deadlines, and incomplete work by your consumers.

Cyber liability insurance

The proliferation of cyberattacks means you need to protect your business with cyber liability insurance. This coverage cushions you financially by covering PR, notification, and legal costs after a cyberattack. Ready to invest in commercial insurance in Farmville, VA? Please get in touch with Gantt Agency for an affordable quote.

What is Trucking Insurance?

The type of commercial truck insurance required is dependent on the type of driving you to do or the business that you own. As a driver, you’ll need primary liability insurance which is required as part of acquiring a trucking license and protects third parties and their property from damage that your truck causes. Conversely, if you are the owner-operator of a trucking company, then you’ll also need general liability insurance. The difference between these two types of insurance is that general liability also offers the policyholder additional protection in the event of a lawsuit or a libel/slander claim against your trucking business. Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA offers this guide on choosing your trucking insurance. 

What is Trucking Insurance?

Whether you are a loan operator or own multiple trucks, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Department of Transportation require proof of liability insurance for your Operating Authority/MC Number application. Failure to carry insurance within your truck or not having enough coverage can result in significant penalties including loss of license, jail time, fines, and more. Most trucking insurance policies will include the following coverage:

  • Bobtail Coverage: Protects a truck that is being operated without a trailer.
  • Limited Depreciation Coverage: Helps pay the difference between the market value that the insurance is likely to pay you and what is still owed on the truck.
  • Motor Truck Cargo Insurance: Offers protection for non-hazardous freight and cargo liability.
  • Non-Trucking Liability Coverage: Protects your truck when it is used for non-business purposes.
  • Physical Damage Coverage: Covers physical damage that is incurred to your tractor-trailer.
  • Trailer Interchange Agreement Insurance: Protects non-owned trailers when they incur physical damage.

For more information on trucking insurance, Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA is here to help. We can assist in answering your trucking insurance questions and help customize a policy that best protects you from liability. 

What is SR-22/FR-44 Insurance, and What Does it Cover?

Are you a high-risk driver? Do you have a DUI on your records? It would be best if you thought about SR-22 or FR-44 from Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA. But what’s the difference between the two? What covers what? If you want to know more about these insurance coverages, hang on as we explore.

What is SR-22, and what does it cover?

In its strict definition, SR-22 isn’t a type of car insurance per se. However, it’s not uncommon to hear people refer to it as insurance. SR-22 is proof of financial responsibility. It notifies the state’s motor vehicle department that you carry the required amount of car insurance.

Furthermore, not every driver needs an SR-22. Only high-risk drivers need to invest in SR-22. So, if you have a DUI record, have been caught driving without insurance, or have been at fault for many accidents, you may need SR-22. 

What is an FR-44?

Only Virginia and Florida states use FR-44s, also called “DUI insurance.” And just like SR-22, FR-44 isn’t a type of insurance. FR-44 is similar to SR-22, only that it’s specific to DUI cases only.

If you have been charged with DUI in Florida or Virginia, you may need an FR-44, similar to SR-22, but with a minimum of $100,000 liability coverage on your car insurance. The thinking behind this is that DUIs are repeat offenders and likely cause severe injuries and damage on the road. They need higher liability coverage when they are at fault for accidents.

If you have been charged with DUI in Virginia, you are legally required to produce an FR-44 before your license is reinstated.

SR-22/FR-44 Insurance in Virginia

If you are a high-risk driver or have a DUI on your record, you need to invest in SR-22/FR-44 from Gantt Agency. Contact us today for an affordable quote.

Yes, your restaurant does need targeted insurance

The Gantt Agency is here to help restaurant owners in the Farmville, VA area protect their investments. Owning a successful restaurant takes a lot of work, and it’s important to protect your efforts.

Let’s review your restaurant insurance

There is so much that goes into opening and running a restaurant, that having the right insurance in place may fall down to the bottom of the priority list. If this has been your experience, now is a perfect time to take a closer look at your policy.

There is a lot that can go wrong when it comes to restaurants: kitchen fires, burst water pipes, liability for customer illness, physical damage to the structure, and so on. And, even when everything is going right, there is a lot of financial and personal investment in the establishment.

Protecting your hard work and efforts is an important part of operating a successful business. This is especially true when it comes to dining establishments. If it’s been a while since you’ve thought about your insurance, now is a great time to change that! Taking a close look at your policy for completeness is an important task.

We recommend that our commercial clients review their policies at least once a year. Over the years, your needs will change, and it’s a smart idea to make sure that your insurance policy keeps pace with those changes. 

Don’t wait until it’s too late to take a closer look at your policy.

We are here to help you protect your hard work

Are you a restaurant owner in the greater Farmville, VA area? Let the team at the Gantt Agency help you protect your restaurant. With all the hard work that you’ve put into your establishment, it only makes sense to keep it protected!

Is it time for garage insurance?

Running a repair shop takes a lot of work and commitment. Here at the Gantt Agency, we understand how difficult it can be to run a successful business in the Farmville, VA area. We want to help you to protect all of your hard work and investments!

Do you need garage insurance for your repair shop?

There is a lot that can go wrong at an auto repair shop. There are liability concerns for both your employees and your customers. You may not be able to repair certain jobs and the customer may try to become litigious. Or, there could be an accident that involves a vehicle that was in your shop, and the owner may try to pin some liability on you.

As we said, there’s a lot that can go wrong! We want you to have a thriving business now and for many years to come. That is why it may be time to consider garage insurance for your shop. This type of specific coverage can help you in the event of theft, vandalism, liability, and certain natural disasters.

After all of the hard work that you have put into your business, doesn’t it make sense to protect it? We can sit down with you and review all of the garage insurance policy options that are available in our area. Determining the type of policy along with the appropriate level of protection you need does not need to be a process you go through alone. Let us help you find the right coverage. 

Give us a call today!

The team at the Gantt Agency is here to help you with all of your insurance needs. If it’s time to review the policy for your Farmville, VA area business, give us a call today.

Let’s review your worker’s comp policy

Owning a business comes with a lot of responsibility. One of those obligations is worker’s compensation. Here at the Gantt Agency, we believe that business owners in the Farmville, VA area need to understand their options when it comes to workers’ comp policies. If it’s time to review your current policy, give us a call today.

Understanding your company’s worker’s comp policy

If you are a decision-maker within your company, it’s important to understand your firm’s insurance portfolio. This includes your worker’s comp policy. This type of insurance protection can help you from catastrophic expenses if an employee is injured on the job. Not only do you want to ensure that your coverage levels are adequate, but you’ll also want to check that your policy protection is comprehensive. Having the right protection at the appropriate levels can help you weather most unfortunate situations successfully!

Worker’s comp insurance is in place to protect both you and your workers. As your company grows and changes, so too will your insurance needs. We recommend an annual review to ensure that your policy is keeping pace with your company’s growth. Conversely, if you are getting the job done with fewer employees, you will want to adjust your policy coverage accordingly. Let us help you protect your hard work. As today’s work environment continues to change rather substantially, shouldn’t your insurance also adjust?

Call us today to schedule your review

The entire team here at the Gantt Agency is ready to help you with all of your commercial insurance needs. Contact us today to set up a consultation to review your Farmville VA business’s worker’s comp policy.

The Importance of Commercial Insurance

It can be incredibly exciting to be a business owner. For many reasons, it can also be stressful. Let insurance take some of this stress away by getting your and your business covered against potential financial and emotional burdens.

Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA provides commercial insurance for businesses from small to large. You can discuss commercial insurance with one of our agents if you are a person living in the state of Virginia.

Situations you want commercial insurance for

Your business will need to be insured for a lot of things. This can feel like a minefield, but it gets easier if you imagine some situations your business should be insured for. Some of these are listed for you below: 

  • Ensure your business has liability insurance. Imagine the following: you own a factory, and one of your employees is involved in a horrific factory accident that requires a ton of medical attention, and thereby, costs. Liability insurance can help cover these costs, but it can also help you in case this employee decides to sue your or your company. At the same time, if you don’t own a factory, don’t think you don’t require liability insurance. Someone who slips and falls in an office building can still sue their company, and liability insurance can still cover you for that. 
  • Commercial property insurance; is again relevant to both office buildings and factories, or even retail and gyms. Whatever it is, make sure your business location is insured in case of things like fires and floodings. 

Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA is happy to help you today to work through your commercial insurance quotes. Call us today or request a quote online.  

What Is SR-22/FR-44 Insurance?

In all states, auto insurance is required, but the amount of that insurance is different from state to state. Some states also allow for a different type of proof of financial responsibility for accidents in lieu of insurance. However, most people go the auto insurance route to show their financial responsibility. If you need enough auto insurance to keep your vehicle legal, give us a call at Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA to find out more. 

Financial Responsibility Certificate

Because each state has its own auto coverage laws, there are very specific types of coverage and amounts of coverage that you must have. If you get auto insurance that is at least these amounts, you can get an SR-22. This isn’t really a form of insurance- it’s a certificate that you are given for having at least the minimum amount of insurance coverage required by your state. This form may be required for you to be able to drive legally. 

FR-44 Forms

Like the SR-22, the FR-44 form is a certificate that proves that you have enough auto insurance to legally drive in the state. For this form, you usually have to have a higher amount of liability coverage than is required by the state. While SR-22 can be granted for meeting the state minimums, you generally have to add coverage onto your policy for liability in order to get an FR-44. 

SR-22/FR-44 Requirements

States often require a driver to have one of these forms because they have had certain driving violations such as reckless driving or DUI. If the state requires you to have one of these forms, you will be notified by them. 

Get Insured

Another reason that you might need one of these forms is that you went without insurance and caused an accident. To avoid this, you need auto insurance. Call us at Gantt Agency in Farmville, VA.